South Of England Papillon Club Championship Show – 6th August, 2017
I was honoured to be invited to judge at this show, I appreciated the good entry.
Minor Puppy Dog (6)
- Osborne’s Tykkydewas Toffee Delight, a delightful clear R/W of 8 months. Well put together of good size & shape, neckline & level topline. Well angulated hindquarters, straight fine coat in lovely bloom. Well balanced head, good stop & dark eye. BMPIS
- Diprose’s Lilacrose Inspired By You, attractive & elegant 8 month R/S/W who strode around the ring with drive & style. Well bodied up with good spring of rib, long tail well carried. Sweet expression with narrow blaze & very large ears. Preferred head proportions of 1.
- Urwin & Whitehill’s Paparottsie Talk The Talk
Puppy Dog (4)
- Kings’s Skyvana Tom Thumb Sarasha, eye-catching tri rising 12 months, most striking & outgoing. Beautifully put together, fine boned & hare feet. Well bodied up & level topline. Gorgeous head & expression, dark eye, fine muzzle & symmetrical markings. Well set large & fringed ears. Moved with confidence. RBPIS
- Boughton & Stanbury’s Inixia Follower Of Fashion, 9 month showy B/W carrying a fine silky well marked coat. Good length tail arched over the back. Head less chiselled than 1, but dark eye and very large ears. Straight front & firm hindquarters.
- Orchard’s Panspayon Eye Of The Storm
Junior Dog (8)
- Petty’s Feorlig All You Need Is Love at Goldenmist, tri just over a year. On handling I found him to be a lovely well-constructed dog, fine boned & dainty, with lovely hare feet. Shown in beautiful coat & well presented. Loved his exquisite pretty head with well-defined features & ears well fringed. A steady showman who didn’t put a foot wrong.
- Wilkinson’s Lafford Inspector Morse in Poppywood, 13 month old attractive tri, soundly made & covering the ground well with drive from firm hindquarters. Well-proportioned head with even blaze, rounded ears with curtain fringing coming & fine muzzle. Well balanced dog & good reach of neck & length of back.
- Urwin & Whitehill’s Paparottsie Heart Beats at Amicae
Yearling Dog (4)
- Sparke’s Pinkmead Twistin Time, R/S/W phalene with a lovely clean outline & reach of neck lacking in several exhibits. Elegant & sound, level topline & length of body, good front & well shaped hindquarters, fine bone, long well carried tail. Sweet head, dark eye. Ear carriage could be better, but I loved all his other qualities.
- Bull’s Altaya Star Attraction, very attractive rich coloured tri with a lovely shaped head of correct proportions. Straight front, body well ribbed, carrying a lightly marked silky coat. Nice topline, long tail plume although carried a little flat over his back. Very showy dog.
- Marsden’s Toot Sweet’s Johnny Depp at Finity (Imp DEU)
Novice Dog (8)
- Lilacrose Inspired By You
- Anderson’s Pappretty Athos Amitie, pretty headed tri with even blaze & white muzzle, dark eye, well rounded ears carrying lovely fringes. Nicely balance outline, good neck firm body & rounded ribcage, nice level topline. Fine boned dog who moved & showed well.
- Orchard’s Panspayon Eye Of The Storm
Graduate Dog (3)
- Cox’s Amicae Moonshine for Temelora, smart tri, showing a clean outline, pretty head, dark eye , rounded ears, symmetrical markings, finely shaped muzzle. Good neck well laid back shoulders, sweet expression, correct head proportions with nicely shaped body & level topline. Coat not profuse, but of silky texture carried flat to the body. At one with his handler. Smart mover.
- Stanbury’s Angullyon Trading Secrets with Inixia, dainty & slender boned R/S/W, nicely marked, fine muzzle & dark rounded eye, nicely fringed ears. Firm body carrying coat of silky texture. Steady mover.
- Hobson’s Pappretty For Ever And Ever at Rosenjon
Post Graduate Dog (10)
- Whitehill’s Amicae Hugs And Kisses, nicely balanced eye-catching fine boned tri, nice shaped body covered by well textured silky coat. Well sprung ribs & long tail well carried. Finely chiselled head, narrow blaze, sweet expression & dark eye, good well rounded dark ears. Free mover.
- French’s Panspayon Charlemagne at Soleona, lovely headed B/W, rounded ears well carried & fringed, good stop & narrow blaze, nice eyes. Well coated up & presented in lovely condition. Nice straight front, depth of chest, good angulation of stifle & tail plume. Presents a very nice picture.
- Atkin’s Vlinder Light Of The Moon
Limit Dog (10)
- Munn’s Rozamie Depeche Mode, most striking B/W of lovely quality throughout. Gorgeous head shape, stop & narrow blaze. Huge ears with curtain fringes. Beautifully balanced outline, well sprung ribs, good length of loin, turn of stifle, well laid back shoulders. Slender legs & fine hare feet. His heavier markings did not detract from his obvious qualities. Lovely flat silky coat in glorious condition. Moved with drive behind. I liked him very much.
- Caton’s Never Let Me Go Forussi at Henrix (Imp POL), most beautifully presented tri, of striking appearance & flowing coat of silky texture & lying flat to the body. Well balanced & clean outline. Attractive head & lovely ear fringing, fine length of neck & level topline, well angulated. Stylish & typey, but not so settled today.
- Osborne’s Tykkydewas Bailey’s Cream
Open Dog (10)
- Robb’s Ch Gleniren Shootin Starmaker Sunshoo, absolutely stunning R/S/W shown in the peak of condition. Never put a foot wrong & excelled in showmanship. Handled to advantage to show off his many spectacular qualities & fine features. Loved his delightful head & sweet desirable expression, long elegant neckline, straight front & hindquarters, lovely silky coat immaculately presented. He is an absolute joy to go over & watch standing & moving with drive. Dog CC & BIS
- Davidson-Poston & Ivani’s Slov Ch /J Ch Whip Honey Double Smash (ATC AV01317RUS), I was so drawn to this all round quality B/W fine boned dog, beautifully presented, well-marked & lovely coated. Most attractive head of correct proportions, good stop & muzzle, large rounded ears carrying lovely fringes. Elegant reach of neck, well ribbed up & length of loin, tail high set & with lovely plume. Lovely sound mover in good form & flowed around the ring. Res CC & RBIS
- Caton’s Coffe Ice Cream Forussi at Henrix (Imp POL)
Open Phalene Dog (5)
- Pinkmead Twistin Time. BPhIS
- Caton’s Lennox Vive Vanette at Henrix (Imp POL), dark S/W with a pretty solidly marked head with well carried ears, lovely melting eyes, silky coat covering a well-made body with good topline & good hind angulation. Nice quality hare feet & well plumed long tail.
- Davidson-Poston & Farrell’s Multi Ch (10) Magnolise Tiago for Spinillons ShCM CW14 PPVN 15/16 Zagreb Win 16 Winter Win 17 (Imp USA)
Veteran Dog (9)
- Bartram’s Ch Burghbridge Black Shadow JW, 8 yr old B/W shown in peak form & condition. Most lovely shaped head & fabulous spread of beautifully rounded ears dripping with curtain fringes. Symmetrical markings & dark eye. Dainty & fine boned with elegant hare feet. Coat glistening & every hair presented to perfection. Showed for all he was worth.
- Melvin & Cox’s Tricianbri Wish Beaune at Shalandar ShCM, another 8 yr old medium sized smart B/W of lovely proportions. Most attractive head, well balanced with good stop & dark eye, & large well rounded ears with curtain fringes. Well-marked & shaped body, good spring of rib, level topline & high set tail. Coat in lovely condition. Steady showman.
- Stanbury’s Inixia Delightful Dan JW ShCM
Minor Puppy Bitch (6)
- Diprose’s Lilacrose Tallie Ho Talent, 8 month R/S/W. Lovely size & shape, in good coat for age. Pretty head, very large mobile ears, muzzle slightly long, but overall lovely quality. Fine boned elegant bitch. Well bodied up & good length of loin. Light free mover.
- French’s Soleona Keep Me, pretty tri, not so advanced in coat as 1, but this showed off her lovely balanced shape & outline. Evenly marked head markings, well shaped with fine muzzle. Good length of neck, lovely straight topline, slender bone. Alert & showy.
- Munn’s Ringlands Miss Chrissy
Puppy Bitch (5)
- Robb & Roosens’ Miss Martini Royal De Costalina Suniren (Imp FRA), fabulous 11 month tri, teeming with quality, with such an appealing head, beautifully proportioned, medium blaze, lovely rounded ears well set & carried with thick fringing already & fine muzzle. Lovely firm body, fine boned & dainty, level topline, high set well plumed tail carried well over back, lovely hare feet. Presented to perfection. Very captivating. Res CC & Best Puppy in Show.
- Langdon’s Shadowknight Ebony Rose of Skyvana, exquisitely made fine 9 month B/W, unlucky to meet 1. Well chiselled head & slender muzzle, symmetrical markings, white muzzle, good mouth, ears large with promise of profuse ear fringing. Body all white & firm to handle. Slender fine bone & hare feet. Dainty light mover. Good ring presence & presents a lovely picture.
- Orchard’s Panspayon Evensong
Junior Bitch (5)
- Olof’s Tarnock Devine D’Or, very pretty pale R/W, fine & dainty throughout. Sweet expression & alert with well-shaped head & dark eye. Lightly marked body, good turn of stifle, tail arched over back. Just needs more coat to complete the picture.
- Foynes & May’s Lafay Has The Last Word with Amicae, another pretty R/W with an all white body, of fine & dainty build. Intelligent expression, fringes coming. Slender bone. Would prefer slightly more length of loin for complete balance
- Stanbury’s Inixia Precious
Yearling Bitch (4)
- Sparkes’ Pinkmead Delightful Eve, very smart B/W phalene. Attractive well balanced head, pleasing expression, dark eye, wide blaze & ears well carried close to the head. Body firm to handle, good ribcage & straight topline. Showed steadily.
- Olof’s Tarnock Demoiselle Devona, R/S/W of nice construction & balance. Good reach of neck carrying a sweet head & pretty feminine expression. Firm solid body, nice bone, dainty mover & very showy.
- Langdon’s Skyvana Tinkerbelle
Novice Bitch (6)
- Lilacrose Tallie Ho Talent
- Orchard’s Lynflyer Northern Dancer for Panspayon, sound moving clear R/W, fine & dainty & carrying a nice flat silky coat. Sweet intelligent expression, dark eye, medium blaze & fine muzzle. Good neckline & front, well balance body & firm level topline.
- Stanbury’s Inixia Potty Dotty
Graduate Bitch (5)
- Cox’s Denemore Chasing Elegante Flora at Tricianbri (IKC), very lovely deeper R/W quality bitch with style, beautifully balanced & correct length of loin giving her a lovely overall shape, & firm solid body. Such a pretty head, good stop & dark eye, large ears with fringing coming. Tail of good length & very smart on the move. Lovely to handle. Real quality bitch.
- Olof’s Tarnock Debutante Duchess, medium sized B/W of good quality & style. Elegant & showy. Nicely put together throughout. Attractively marked & tail carried well over back. Nice balanced & shaped head, narrow blaze. Soft ear let her down today.
- Stanbury’s Inixia Bella Bella
Post Graduate Bitch (8)
- Stanbury’s Inixia The Bee’s Knees, dainty dark R/S/W with a clean outline. Not in full coat, but worthy winner. Nice construction, straight back & good reach of neck, fine bone, hare feet. Firm front and hindquarters. Desirable jug handle tail.
- Waller’s Kazkell Theme For A Dream for Lilnrose JW, very nice tri, attractive outline & balance, good length of body & loin, carrying a fine silky coat. Tail high set & held well over the back. Quality head & fine blaze, well placed ears of rounded shape, good fringing. Moved around the ring with drive from behind.
- Lockhart’s Ringlands Fun In The Sun
Limit Bitch (5)
- Munn’s Ringlands Treasure Sunshine, gorgeous clear rich R/W dual purpose bitch with such a pretty feminine head of correct proportions, even blaze, dark eye, quality muzzle, large well shaped & curtain fringed ears. Most elegant with a lovely clean outline. Solid firm body & spring of rib, good level topline & length of loin. Well angulated hindquarters & long arched tail. Flowed around the ring with ease & precision. Very appealing.
- Orchard’s Ringland Yoko’s Solo at Panspayon, R/S/W, similar type to 1. Another with a lovely quality well shaped head & beautiful curtain fringes on large rounded ears. Good reach of neck & length of back. Straight front & turn of stifle. In good coat of lovely texture. Steady showgirl.
- Cox’s Tricianbri Tuppence A Kiss JW
Open Bitch (7)
- Lee-Slater & Banfield’s Jorgealin Cast A Spell for Kingshaven, captivating tri, so beautifully refined & dainty, yet full of substance. Lovely to handle. Exquisite head & features, narrow blaze & finely chiselled muzzle. Most beautiful curtain fringes, framing a pretty face. Elegant neckline & level topline. Carrying a wealth of beautifully presented glistening silky textured coat. Slender fine bone with elegant hare feet. Lovely throughout. Filled my with her beauty. Well-deserved CC & BOS
- Davidson-Poston’s Int Ch/NL Ch Spinillons Classic Caress JW ShCM (Ir Jun Ch CW14 PPVN15), B/W of heavier build than 1, but a lovely bitch, well put together & flowing around the ring with drive from her well angulated hindquarters. Body firm to handle & carrying a wealth of coat of lovely silky texture. Beautiful head framed with large ears carrying profuse ear fringing. Head shape of correct proportions & pleasing muzzle. Fine boned with elegant hare feet.
- Davidson-Poston & Farrell’s Spinillons Classic Calee.
Open Phalene Bitch (1)
- Pinkmead Delightful Eve BPhIS
Veteran Bitch (5)
- Davidson-Poston’s Ch/ Ir Ch/ Multi Vet Ch (4) Spinillons Saffire JW ShCM (PPVN 16, Zagreb Vet Win 16 Vet Winter Win 17), glorious 10 yr old tri with gleaming white teeth & good mouth. Beautifully presented coat in excellent condition, very long of lovely silky texture. Loved her beautiful expressive & feminine head, dark eyes, well set rounded ears carrying such long curtain fringes from the tips. Solid body although slightly heavy, but a credit to her owner for her wonderful condition & presentation. BVIS
- Walklett’s Hillsorg Katz Trade Secret of Farthinghall, 7 yr old R/S/W carrying her years well. Pretty well marked of medium size, well bodied up. Sweet head, dark eye, well carried ears showing off her long fringes. Showed well & enjoyed her day, but could not compete with the glamour of 1.
- Nash’s Havenbar Minniemouse.
Carol Leat (Judge)